- What does Foamsearch do?
foamsearch.com supplies industrial quantities of a large variety of foam materials direct from the mills.
- What is Styrofoam?
Styrofoam was an old trademark for Dow Styrofoam, now used loosely to refer to a wide variety of rigid extruded or beaded foams. More information is required to recommend a material.
- What is the best foam for my application?
We can help guide you, but will need specific application information and performance expectations. The more information you can provide, the better.
- What is a non halogenated fire retardant?
This is an emerging technology being used in the office furniture market in conjunction with crosslinked polyethylene foams.
- What is Bead Foam?
Generic reference for bead formed foams from materials like EPP, EPS, EPE.
- What is Expanded Polyethylene (EPE) Foam?
- What is Expanded Polypropylene (EPP) Foam?
- What is Expanded Polystyrene (EPS) Foam?
- What is Polyethylene Foam?
Generic reference for several sub categories of polyethylene foam, including crosslinked polyethylene foams (chemical and irradiated) as well as low density foams.
- What is Adhesive Foam
foam made to hold material in place to locate before assembly, or permanently place a material in a specific location.
- What is Open and Closed Cell Foam?
Closed Cell: Suitable for wet locations or for providing a water seal.
Open Cell: Suitable for cushioning, air and dust seals, does not provide a water seal.
- What is Crosslinked Polyethylene Foams?
Generic reference for several grades of foams including chemical, irradiated and EVA polyethylene foams.
- What is Fire Retardant Foam?
Many grades available from FMVSS-302 to UL-94 to California 117.
- What are Profile Extrusions?
There are many types of extrusion, both foam and sponge.